ፎረም ኤርትራዊያንስ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eritreanism

Go down

Eritreanism Empty Re: Eritreanism

Post  Bahreneg Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:27 am

Zerai Deress

Okay let me clear myself by raising another question?

Who is an American?

despite Americans Multi ethnicity,nationality, religion, color,background, language,origin,political view and so on and so forth there is an answer for this question.

Anyone who lived in the US for a specific time,decided to become loyal for the American constitution and Government before any other country and sworn for that is an American.Period.

Here the Americans common ground is their constitution the principles in it.So every American
share the same ground,which is the principles in the Constitution.I am sure every other country has something which shares in common.So what is our common ground?

What about know?

Bahreneg

Back to top Go down

Post  Bahreneg Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:09 am

I am raising these questions because we need to share some kind of common understanding , believe vision and principle to discuses if possible to work together.

If our common ground to discuss on this forum is our Eritreanism, we have to define this term before anything else.There should be some kind of ground to sit and work on it.We can't talk about liberty and freedom without establishing a common ground which binds all of us together.We can't work for freedom or liberty by putting our self in a vacuum.Why don't we go to the Ethiopian forum and talk about our freedom and justice?

The answer is pretty clear.because we feel that those forums don't belong to us.Then who are 'WE'? Eritreans! what makes us an Eritrean?

let us at least literary answer these questions first.

what do we want?

Bahreneg

Back to top Go down

Eritreanism Empty hello Bahrenegassie

Post  zerai deres Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:59 am

well liberty doesn't only mean be away from the dictators but free from any other psychological sufferings. when my brother suffers in Eritrea, it is impossible for me to be free psychologically even if i live 10,000 kms away. Therefore, i need to be concerned about Eritrea. it is not actually for the land but it is for the people.

That is why I am concerned about Eritrea.

Eritreanism cannot be the map of Eritrea or only the land but it is the mixture of all, such as the culture, the people, the mountain and the climate etc. At the moment, the people are mixing drastically. I mean considering the race itself. Many left their country to Europe and north America and have already mixed with other societies. Many many Eritreans had mixed with Ethiopians during the Derg regime. So apart from the mountains and the climate, the dynamics of the society is changing fast. Hence, to give a special definition to Eritreanism is difficult. Eritreans are not special people as they are part of the Glob and Eritreanism must not be a specialty but small part of the whole world community. Thanks to globalization , differences among societies are disappearing, hence no need to define Eritreanism anymore. If you do, it must include the map and the people with special culture and way of life. May be the style of administration is different from others. if we can define Eritreanism, it is not by the specialty or the culture of the people but by the style of the dictatorial administration. That is the only special thing in Eritrea.

I will think about it and will come back again with another argument, till then chow

Thanks
Zerai deres

zerai deres

Back to top Go down

Post  bahreneg Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:02 am

Selam Zerai Dersse

hence , Eritreanism become unnecessary question and rather freedom and liberty is very important question for Eritreans.

If Eritreanism is not necessary how Eritreans could be necessary?

You said Eritreans need their freedom and Liberty.Who are these Eritreans?

If the only thing you bother is your freedom; you already have it ! assuming that you are living in Europe or America;why do you bother about 'Eritreans'?

bahreneg

Back to top Go down

Eritreanism Empty hello Bahrenegassie

Post  zerai deres Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:18 pm

I think, it is getting difficult to define Eritreanism in this increasingly mixing world. Eritreanism cannot have a definite answer. Globalization and migration is mixing identities. Identity is getting less and less important now a days. hence , Eritreanism become unnecessary question and rather freedom and liberty is very important question for Eritreans . In these days, taking the situation in Eritrea, it is not who I am that I am more concerned, but it is my freedom , dignity and liberty.

This is my thought and i am sorry if i offended but having a debate is great and it clarify things in due time . It is good to share our understandings and have more discussions in these issues.
Thanks
Zerai Deres

zerai deres

Back to top Go down

Eritreanism Empty Eritreanism

Post  Bahreneg Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:20 am

I think this is a new forum just been started.If that is so, I just want raise some basic question which at least a few people could agree on it.

1-What is Eritreanism?
2-Who is an Eritrean?
3-In what ground , belief ,principle, vision,is Eritreanism founded on?

Those who can answer this question please come and say something.

Thanks!

Bahreneg

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum